The Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) has adopted Regulation S-P which took full effect on July 1, 2001. This regulation requires the formal adoption of rules implementing notice requirements and restrictions on a financial institution’s ability to disclose non-public personal information about consumers. A financial institution must provide its clients with a notice of its privacy policies and practices on an annual basis, and must not disclose non-public personal information about a client to non-affiliated third parties unless the institution provides certain information to the client. Investment management firms registered with the SEC are subject to Regulation S-P.
Seizert Capital Partners strives to maintain your trust and confidence, an important part of which is our commitment to protect your personal information to the best of our ability. Therefore, we will not disclose your personal information to anyone unless it is required by law, at your discretion or is necessary to provide you with our services. We have not and will not sell your personal information to anyone.
Seizert Capital Partners collects and maintains personal information so we can provide investment management services to you. This includes the following:
- Information that we receive from you personally to open an account or provide investment advice (such as name, home or business address, telephone number, assets and income).
- Information about your portfolio with us (such as account balance, transactions and account statements).
- Information we may receive from third parties concerning your account (such as confirmations and statements from brokerage firms).
In order to provide investment management services to you, we may share personal information in very limited situations that may include:
- Information to companies that perform services on our behalf (such as technology consultants who assist in maintaining our computer systems).
- Information to companies as permitted by law, including those necessary to service your account (such as providing account information to brokers or custodians).
To fulfill our privacy commitment, we have established firm-wide guidelines to safeguard the confidentiality, security and integrity of your non-public personal information. We restrict access of information to employees based on their need to know in order to perform their job duties. We maintain physical, electronic and other procedural safeguards to keep your personal information safe. Third parties who provide services for us are required to keep your information strictly confidential. Information of former clients is protected to the same extent as our current clients.
As always, please feel free to call us at (248) 593-1500 should you have any questions. Thank you.